Apart from the dangers of faulty electrical systems are derivatives of heating, which have the potential fire and poison gas, especially in winter. To avoid the possibility of fire and carbon monoxide poisoning, heating systems should be checked annually for the following defects:
- The chimney stacks should not be cracked or corroded sections. Boilers and heaters should be inspected by qualified and have the necessary repairs affected staff. The fuel-burning equipment, ducts and chimneys it should be checked regularly and kept in good condition.
- If for some good reason the fuel used in the heating system must be changed, a specialist will make necessary adjustments to ensure proper combustion. No need to operate boilers, heaters, fireplaces and water heaters without adequate air inlet which continually replace lost through combustion. Heaters based operating oil must be of a type that is not easily tipped.
- The pipes that carry gas and oil heaters should be metal and be well protected. Electric heaters should be fitted with a safety switch on the bottom, so that shut off automatically if the unit falls. The oil and gas heaters must be vented to the outside of the house.
- It is advisable to check the exhaust system of automobiles. The gases must be fully taken to the exhaust pipe and out of the car. Make sure that the exhaust does not have dangerous defects.
- A person sitting in a car parked for a few minutes stop the engine unless the windows are open. By contrast, the windows and vents shall be closed automobile in tunnels or when carriage movement is very slow, and very heavy traffic, to prevent carbon monoxide fired the other motor is introduced.
- If for some reason you have to start the engine of a car parked in a garage or in a confined space, you must open the doors and the engine still running should not be left more than a few minutes. If you need to leave it on for longer, place an extension on the pipe (as used by commercial garages) that goes directly outside.