The cameras of security today in day invade our privacy in all areas of our lives. An immense amount of times this happens without us realize it in the least. Governments install and maintain cameras of security in public places in order to maintain order and control; and corporations use them to monitor their employees.
Internet is full of sites web with stacks of video of individuals secretly filmed by her lovers. The micro cameras can be hidden almost anywhere. In fact it is very common that are hidden in smoke detectors. To identify this, read on.
- Approach the smoke detector side with the ladder. In case you do not place on the ceiling just below you. The hidden cameras thus generally have no more than 90 or 95 degrees of vision. Approaching thus prevent you to be grasped if the camera is inside.
- Observe the safety button on the smoke detector getting close as possible with the help of the ladder if necessary. Those circular smoke detectors have a test button (solid or transparent) to control battery charging and verify that the detector is working. If the detector is real, pressing this button will be an intermittent sound.
- Put your hand on the sides of the smoke detector; unscrews the unit against clockwise and remove it from the wall or ceiling.
- Separate the detector gently from the wall to inspect the wires inside. Thin electrical wires indicate that the detector is connected to the source environment. Long cables indicate otherwise: Any cables with diameter greater than one-quarter inch (0.6 cm) ending in a plug -RCA, probably a video cable. Two cables indicate video and audio, which will be rooted to the wall or ceiling with a “wireless” transmitter (wireless) the size of a box the size of a pack of cigarettes.
- Inspect the cables do not have brands designated purpose. Any acronym as V or A / V printed on the cable betray is a security camera.
- Place a small square of opaque tape on the translucent button, which is actually a lens for obstruct the visual apparatus. Anyway, keep in mind that this will alert the operator that the camera has been discovered, so surely you finish installing the camera at an alternative location.
Tips & Warnings
- Some security systems are equipped with a smoke detector, so their understanding is more complicated. You should also keep in mind that manipulate a security camera is illegal. Be very careful not to be betrayed if you decide to try this knowledge.