When it comes to feel protected inside your home, no objection is sufficient to limit their own standards, even the functionality of the devices and security systems.
Against this scenario, the technology for home security has advanced not only in the sensitivity of alarms or sharpness of security cameras, but also in the possibility of interconnectivity between devices and you.
First imagine the situation
The issue of security goes beyond purchase a product. “Not only buy and install a camera, it is to create a security process and know what you want to achieve with it. Knowing how it will respond when situations happen “.
Thus it corresponds yourself thinking how you want to prevent illegal in your home and if it happens, how specifically react to the event. The options are broader than you think, because there are people who prefer to be notified of an event and they decide whether to call the authorities or whether it was a false alarm. There are also those who prefer to protect their privacy and their camera system configured to not record when they are at home.
And with clear ideas, plays assemble the team that meets your needs and for this there are different options for different budgets.
Then build your system
For a good start, apart from a system of video surveillance cameras, video entry device and a control of access to the house.
Video surveillance systems in there that can be connected to the telephone line and if they detect unusual movement can be configured to dial a phone or send a message. If the first receiver, for example the landlord does not respond, you can include other, as an authority or security service.
Video surveillance systems goes beyond the traditional intercom. Allows a camera watching the entrance of the house, see who knocks on the door and if you are not at home, you can directly send a message to your phone.
Considering devices cameras and video intercom, such a solution starts at around $ 1,000, accurate Altenheimer.
For access control, there are several solutions. You can purchase a traditional card or pin or smart keys. With the latter, you can program schedules available to enter the house and record the time and date when it is open.
To install this solution, the technical issue is change the locks and install the new permitting the use of the device. Its cost is around $ 300.
What is interesting are the possibilities of interconnecting the functions of all these devices together, and even other issues. So when you get home at night and open the door, turn on the lighting system automatic, or give notice to a company monitoring service when a situation occurs. “Today is much more common to have smart homes. Everything can you bring together, not only in terms of security.”
Before purchasing any system or device set, make sure it suits your needs. And for that there is no better way to try it or ask for a demonstration.
Buy the security system will not bring more economic benefits if the end is not suited to their needs; and when it comes to feel calm at home, these are never a whim.
Small actions for increased safety
Regardless of the safety equipment and protocols have in your home or residential complex, there are little habits also contribute to better security at home.
- Never leave a copy of the keys in obvious places such as under the doormat or in a flowerpot.
- Try to bring good relationship with their neighbors, as they can be vigilant good when you are away.
- If you garden, remove stairs or objects that could facilitate access to thieves and consider getting a dog.
- Do not leave messages on the door indicating your absence.
- Always have on hand emergency phone.
And if you go on vacation
- Try to seal up your home with door locks and windows.
- Do not post information on social networks about your destination or time to be out. That explains his home because he knows there will be nobody.
- Repeatedly check if there are people around the house. That can help automated light because it is detected easier if someone goes through the entrance when it is dark.
Avoid false alarms
If you link your safety devices with a company monitoring service, please note that according to Prosecco, 98% of alarms received by these companies are false, caused by human error, faulty equipment or used in bad shape. To avoid such situations, consider:
- Get to know how its security system, like the codes to activate and deactivate.
- To a false alarm, immediately contact the center to report it and cancel it.
- If you are testing your security system, notify in advance to the monitoring station.
- Always keep updated the list of people who chose to call in case of emergency.
- Keep clean your security devices.